There is much that’s new in this release. On the server side:
- Support for servlet filters (see FilterTests.java); and in turn basic support for Spring Security (see SpringSecurityTests.java). Thanks to Rob Winch!
- Ability to define default request properties and expectations to re-use across every performed request (see JsonPathAssertionTests.java)
- An extension point for adding request-building methods in addition to the ones that are built-in (see SecurityRequestPostProcessors.java)
- Support for “input” flash attributes
- Upgrade to json-path 0.8.1
- Lots of bug fixes, general improvements
- Completed Javadoc
On the client side — which is used for tests that involve direct or indirect use of the RestTemplate — we have a greatly expanded the selection of options for request matching (see the match package) as well as the options for response creation (see the response creators), lots of general improvements, and completed Javadoc.
In the very near future, the project source code will be replicated in the master branch of the Spring Framework and will be released with Spring 3.2 RC1 as part of the spring-test module, which will become its permanent home. In the mean time the spring-test-mvc project on Github will continue to exist and provide support for applications built on Spring 3.1.x.